CII ER1 exam on equity release - assessment packageontents
- 15 case study scenarios each comprising 5 multiple choice questions
- 3 online assessments containing 50 questions per assessment
- Unlimited random assessments (5 questions per assessment) generated from our question bank
- CPD certificate feature - All your assessment results are recorded in the database, which allows the system to compile your personalised CPD certificate
Access is provided for 6 months and includes syllabus updates. If you purchase multiple training modules a discount is available along with longer access periods.
Note that we don't offer a text based online course for ER1 as there is less demand for this subject, you will probably find that the CII are the only providers of a comprehensive textbook for this exam. Students would normally purchase the CII's textbook and use our assessment package to assist with their exam preparation and revision.
The assessments and case studies are designed to help you revise, identify knowledge gaps for further study and to get practice on exam style questions for areas that you might be asked about in the exam.
"I have successfully passed my ER1 exam. I know a lot of this was down to your easy to use system. Thank you for offering this system to brokers and I will have no hesitation in recommending your service to anyone else." James Old, Smith James
"Thanks to your website I passed my ER1 exam yesterday. I would have struggled without the practice tests." Lee Braybrook
In the qualifications ladder section of the New Model Adviser, financial adviser Penny Hurrell of firm CBK when asked if she has got any tips to pass on to others who are going to sit the equity release exam recommends Wizard Learning. Penny Hurrell, CBK
"Just a short note to say thanks, I passed the ER1 exam on equity release this week. Your online training certainly helped me. I will recommend you to colleagues." Charles Martin
- You get practice at taking exam style questions, multi-choice questions and case studies with multi-choice questions.
- Your results are provided after every assessment and are graded in line with the notional pass rate. This gives you a good indication of your chances of passing. As you do further studies and take more assessments you will expect to see your percentage improve.
- The percentage achieved in every assessment is benchmarked against previous students percentages giving you a further indication of your performance. This is shown after every assessment and you can also view this at any time.
- All results and estimated CPD times are stored in the database and you can view and print these using the CPD certificate/learning log feature. This is an ideal way to keep a record of your results and learning.
- After taking all the full assessments, which you can take as often as you like, you might also want to take some shorter assessments to break up your study into a smaller segments to fit the time you have available. Our short assessment feature draws 5 questions as random from the full assessment bank.
- All questions are written by industry experts with extensive experience of setting exam style questions, all questions are regularly reviewed.
Our database records all your assessment results. If you complete all the assessments just the once then you will be allocated 6 hours of CPD time. After each assignment is finished the system adds the time taken and your results to the CPD certificate. The CPD certificate shows your personal details, period over which assessments completed, time taken to complete assessments and assessment scores
CII ER1 exam details
Structure: 50 multiple choice questions and 5 case study scenarios each comprising 5 multiple choice questions
Duration: 2 hours
Recommended study time: 60 hours
Nominal pass mark: 70%
CII ER1 syllabus overview
At the end of this unit, candidates should be able to understand the:
- Principles of equity release and the types of schemes available
- Suitability and affordability of the different types of equity release products
- Risks to the consumer associated with equity release
- Application of suitable equity solutions according to the circumstances of different customers