The purpose of the course is to provide sufficient knowledge on the background and to deal mainly with the regulations relating to money laundering for those working within the regulated financial services sector. It also touches on other legislation concerning financial crime such as the Terrorism Act 2000 and the Bribery Act 2010.
The course takes full account of the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 implemented following the EU Third Money Laundering Directive. These do not apply to all types of firm authorised and regulated by the FCA, insurance brokers for example are not covered, so the course will also deal with the general laws that apply in respect of financial crime.
Syllabus learning objectives
By the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to explain the concept of money laundering and its impact on the financial services sector and the economy as a whole
- Be able to identify correctly and explain the law concerning money laundering
- Understand how the law in relation to financial crime impacts upon the work you carry out in terms of procedures and your responsibilities.
The course is made up of these 12 chapters:
- Financial Crime Introduction
- What is Financial Crime?
- Money Laundering Regulations
- Other legislation dealing with financial crime
- Client Identification
- The role of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The Bribery Act 2010
- The Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG)
- Record Keeping and Training
- Money laundering and bribery case studies examples
- How can you apply practically what you know about tackling financial crime?
- End of Course Assessment
The course assessment contains 10 questions taken at random from a question bank. Your results will be emailed to you on completion and your CPD certificated updated and 2.5 hours CPD time will be added.
You will need to get 70% (7 or more questions correct) or more to pass. If you fail then further assessments can be taken.
Purchasing and cost
See here for more information on this Financial Crime online course and our other training modules together with our CPD system which includes access to this course and other compliance courses on Data Protection and Complaints Procedures.
|Access is provided for 6 months. If you purchase multiple training modules a discount is available along with a longer access period.
The benefits of the Financial Crime on-line training course for you and your business
Financial crime is very high on the regulatory agenda and there are many criminal offences involved. Although the world of criminality may seem remote from the average financial services firm, it has been well documented that criminals, terrorists and tax avoiders make use of financial services to disguise the proceeds of crime.
Rigorous procedures are necessary to identify potential misdemeanour and due to the fact that criminals are not labelled, these procedures have to be routinely applied in all business dealings in order to eliminate or minimise the risks posed to businesses and individuals.
The regulatory regime is therefore stringent and exacting with penalties for those who fail to adhere to precautionary measures even though this may be through ignorance of the law. As we know, this cannot be a defence and so it is important that those active in the marketplace are aware of the laws that apply. Understanding why the procedures exist and the offences that may be involved is key to managing the regulatory risk in the business.
This is what you will find out:
- Offences that are created by the various applicable statutes
- Steps that firms can take to identify and avoid risks
- How to identify potential financial crime
- How potential circumstances should properly be reported
- Why steps need to be taken to correctly and formally identify customers.
FREE "LEARNING TO LEARN" SKILLS COURSE PACKAGE
Provided FREE when you purchase any training module. Included are 5 online courses covering learning skills on: time management, exams, study, reading & memory.