CF2 Investment and risk: online course
This online course will enable you to understand the key subject areas in relation to investment and risk and apply your knowledge.
The learning outcomes are appropriate both for someone studying for the CII CF2 exam on investment and risk.
The course material consists of 12 chapters of study notes containing several examples together with revision assessments for each chapter to help confirm your understanding.
The certificate online courses are designed to complement the CII study text. They are designed as a study aid to cover the key syllabus areas and therefore act as an introduction to the study material and also help you focus on the most important areas.
We have developed demonstrations for our online courses that show you the content topics and our easy to use course navigation system. If you decide to purchase you will of course see the full version with the full contents all fully formatted and be able to access the chapter & final assessments.
Case study & final assessments
Also included is:
- A case study incorporating 20 multiple choice questions
- A final 20 question assessment based on the study material . Your assessment results will also be emailed to you. If you don’t pass, or just want to take a second test, an additional 20 question assessment can be taken.
Access is provided for 6 months and includes syllabus updates. If you purchase multiple training modules a discount is available along with longer access periods.
FREE "LEARNING TO LEARN" SKILLS COURSE PACKAGE
Provided FREE when you purchase any training module. Included are 5 online courses covering learning skills on: time management, exams, study, reading & memory.
You will be credited with a minimum of 11 hours of CPD with the time added to your CPD certificate gradually as you complete each assessment. Your CPD hours and results will be added to your CPD certificate which can be viewed and printed from the CPD certificate link on the menu at any time.
1. To understand how economic factors affect investments and their returns
2. To understand the various forms of investment risk and how a client’s appetite for risk can be determined
3. To understand how taxation affects investments held by UK resident and domiciled investors
4. To understand the role of ethical and socially responsible investment in financial advice
5. To understand the following asset classes, their main features and suitability for certain circumstances:
- Cash deposits
- Government securities and corporate bonds
6. To understand the following product types, their main features and suitability for certain circumstances:
- OEICs and unit trusts (including Fund Supermarkets and Wraps)
- Investment trusts
- Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
- Child Trust Funds
- Onshore and offshore life assurance company products.
7. To understand the basic features of the following types of investment products:
- Venture Capital Trusts
- Enterprise Investment Schemes
- Exchange Traded Funds
- Pension investments
- Employee share schemes.
8. To understand the regulatory framework in overseeing the provision of investment advice
9. To be able to analyse a customer’s circumstances, taking account of any existing arrangements and appropriate asset allocation
10. To be able to apply investment product recommendations to meet customer needs
FULL COURSE CONTENT
1. The Economic Environment
Economic and financial factors
Management of the UK economy
2. Investment considerations and ethical investment
Need for savings and investments Political factors
Qualifying savings and investment needs
3. Risk and Returns
Principles of risk and returns
Types of risk that may affect investment returns
Time value of money
4. Asset classes
Fixed interest securities
5. Unit trusts and open-ended investment companies
Open ended investment companies
Fund supermarkets and wrap accounts
Index tracking funds
6. Investment trusts
7. Life assurance investment products
8. Other investments
Enterprise Investment Scheme
Venture Capital Trusts
Exchange traded funds
Employee share schemes
9. Tax wrappers
Individual Savings Account
Child Trust Fund
Capital gains tax
11. Portfolio construction
Customer advice rules for investments
Safeguards for investors
14. End of course assessments
Many financial advisers that purchase this training module also subscribe to our CPD system.