General Data Protection Regulations online course
The purpose of this course is to provide sufficient knowledge on the rules, regulations and guidance for those working within the regulated financial services sector.
The course covers the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
The EU General Data Protection Regulations replaced the Data Protection Act 1998 from 25 May 2018.
The key changes that took legal effect from 25 May 2018 are summarised below:
- New regulations for obtaining consent to collect Personal Data
- The age barrier of 13 increased to 16 for data collection
- A requirement to delete data that is not being used for its original purpose
- The ability of individuals to revoke their consent to data processing
- 72 hours to notify breaches to regulators
- A single national office for complaints
- Organisations processing large quantities of data must appoint a Data Protection Officer
- Fines of up to €20,000,000 or 4% of global group annual income
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the purpose of GDPR
- Be able to explain what information falls under the GDPR
- Have the necessary knowledge to implement GDPR compliant processes
- Know what is expected of firms in respect of data security
- Know what rights Data Subjects have under the GDPR
The course assessment contains 10 questions taken at random from a question bank. Your results will be emailed to you on completion and your CPD certificated updated and 1.5 hours CPD time will be added.
You will need to get 70% (7 or more questions correct) or more to pass. If you fail then further assessments can be taken.
Purchasing and cost
|Access is provided for 6 months. If you purchase multiple training modules a discount is available along with a longer access period.
This course is also included in our accredited CPD system along with other compliance courses on Financial Crime and Complaints Procedures.
FREE "LEARNING TO LEARN" SKILLS COURSE PACKAGE
Provided FREE when you purchase any training module. Included are 5 online courses covering learning skills on: time management, exams, study, reading & memory.