We have added a Retail Distribution Review Online Course as detailed below which can be purchased for £40 (£33.33 excluding VAT). In addition it has also been added to our CPD and Gap fill system which now provides access to 15 training modules for an affordable monthly cost of £19 (£15.83 excluding VAT).
The benefits of the RDR online training course for you and your business:
Whether you are the compliance director, business owner an adviser or all three, this RDR course we have put together aims to give you detail on all the facets of the RDR and the implications for your business. We have updated the course with the latest guidance from the FSA as at 21 June 2012.
This is what you will find out:
- Qualifications – exactly what advisers will need in the new world and how long they have to complete their training
- Gap fill and CPD – the new standards for CPD are fully explained
- The workings of SPS
- Independent or restricted – full information translated in as simple as possible terms to enable you to make an informed decision and keep your firm on track once the decision is made
- Avoid or prepare for a potential VAT pitfall
- Understand the vulnerabilities and how you can protect trail income
- Thought provoking discussion on service proposition to help yours to evolve
- Capital adequacy, what you need to be ready for
- Record keeping that will make sure you can complete your Gabriel returns with ease.
Access is provided for 6 months and includes syllabus updates. If you purchase multiple training modules a discount is available along with longer access periods.
You can also get access to this as part of our CPD and gap fill system, see this item on our cost and contents menu at this link for details.
Syllabus learning objectives
By the end of this course, you will:
- Know the requirements of the RDR
- Understand the new qualifications requirements and gap fill
- Know how to apply for a Statement of Professional Standing (SPS)
- Understand the new continuing professional development (CPD) requirements
- Understand the implications of independent advice and restricted advice
- Have knowledge of acceptable fee structures
- Be able to explain the issues around trail and legacy commissions
- Be updated on the position with platforms
- Understand HMRC rules regarding value added tax (VAT)
- Have considered service proposition options and issues
- Be aware of changes to capital adequacy and regulatory reporting requirements.
The course is made up of these 12 chapters:
- Gap Fill
- Statement of Professional Standing
- Continuing Professional Development
- Independent and restricted advice
- Fees & VAT
- Trail and legacy commissions
- Service propositions
- Capital adequacy
- Regulatory Reporting
- End of Course Assessments
The course assessment contains 10 questions taken at random from a question bank. Your results will be emailed to you on completion and your CPD certificated updated and 3 hours CPD time will be added.
You will need to get 70% (7 or more questions correct) or more to pass. If you fail then further assessments can be taken.
Discounts and free online learning skills course
Discounts are available when your purchase includes 2 or more training modules, see here for details. All purchases include a free learning skills online course.
Wizard Learning Ltd
Provider of award winning online training and CPD for financial advisers and financial services professionals
We are committed to helping you gain higher level qualifications and maintain this knowledge through effective continuous professional development.